UPBrand is a team of strategists, writers, designers, brand managers, digital experts, producers, goofballs and mad scientists, all striving toward the same goals of thoughtful creative that makes a difference and rewarding partnerships. We are forever driven by our curiosity, our inventiveness and our unending quest for excellence in everything we do. We are looking for a super inventive and team-oriented senior-level writer to join our seasoned band of misfits, art directors, strategists and brand managers.
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT ON A DAY-TO-DAY BASIS:
- Work collaboratively with the entire UPBrand team to develop concepts, ideas and words for all existing and prospective UPBrand clients. This includes but is not limited to 360º campaign concepts and executions, social media campaigns, video and radio scripts, blogs, presentations and more.
- Be a chameleon of voice: ensure all copy is tailored to individual brands with unique objectives, target audiences, tone of voice and style. You will likely work on a diverse client roster and need to pivot from one brand to another with some frequency.
- Possess the power to turn insights into stellar, smart creative. Deliver against the brief, of course, but always look for ways to innovate and expand ideas. Take creative risks.
- Develop and present creative rationale to internal team and clients, confidently advocating for the best ideas and graciously letting others die.
- Collaborate with our team of talented Creatives, Digital Strategists and Brand Managers, and have the opportunity to contribute to every project.
- Guide, develop and mentor younger creatives, including a writer.
- Be a curious student of trends, aesthetics, technology, media and materials to guide and inform your own work, and to contribute to making UPBrand a relevant, progressive, creative agency.
- Have fun and contribute to UPBrand’s unique culture.
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Killer portfolio that shows what client work you’ve done, or spec work that shows us what you want to do
- 4+ Years of agency or client experience
- Passion for words and ideas
- OK with pranks and good times