Our Brand Management team is made up of strategically-minded, detail-oriented, intuitive and inventive team players. At UPBrand, we merge the roles of Account Executive, Planner and Strategist to serve as smart and proactive strategic counselors for our clients. The ideal candidate leads this team and can easily shift gears between independent research, data analysis, strategy development, creative thinking, presentation development & delivery, project management and budget monitoring.
Our agency is driven by a set of core values that we actually measure ourselves against–Invention, Collaboration, Gratitude, Commitment, Excellence & Maturity. As a member of our team, you will be challenged and held accountable for excellent work. You’ll also be trusted to do your job and empowered to drive improvement. We expect everyone to contribute to our culture in their own unique way, whether that’s forcing your teammates to listen to your unique music taste, participating in Soft Pants Friday or planning a solid prank.
- Lead the agency’s effort to develop effective strategic solutions and provide world-class client service.
- Nurture the professional development of Brand Managers. Set and manage workloads for direct reports and lead team resourcing.
- Identify ways to innovate and continuously improve team processes.
- Speak fluently in strategy and lead candid discussions.
- Design research plans and lead the development of brand architecture, positioning and creative recommendations.
- Guide the team in the development of multi-channel media/marketing plans and creative briefs based on solid insights. Actively participate in all planning processes.
- Expertise in turning data into actionable insights that inspires excellent work.
- Offer clear, accurate, timely and fearless communication with all internal teams, clients and partners regarding high-level strategy, forecasting and business solutions.
- Lead team profitability initiatives and communicate solutions to team and clients.
- Expertise in proposal/scope of work development using agency pricing models.
- Expertise in anticipating and solving project/client/agency problems in a team-oriented manner.
- Create opportunities to expand existing business and own the development of new business presentations and proposals.
• Confident, team-oriented leader
• Strong decision-making skills
• Delegation expertise
• Inspiring, sets a great example
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Excellent listener, master communicator
• Strategic & solution-oriented
• Intuitive and empathetic
• Thrives in an environment with competing and ever-changing priorities
• Embodies UPBrand’s core values and ethos
• 10+ years of agency or professional experience in brand strategy, account or project management (salary commensurate with experience). Candidates without agency experience will not be considered.
• 5+ years of management/agency leadership experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Advertising, Journalism or Communications
Set Yourself Apart – Nice to Have:
• Proven Experience in Growing Accounts
• A Track Record of Leading Complex Assignments
• Deep Research, Media, Website or Social Media Experience
• A Love for Networking
For more about what it’s like to work UPBrand, explore our site. This position reports to McKenzie Telthorst, VP Brand Management.