Skills and expertise needed for this role include strong graphic design talent, an appreciation and knowledge of typography styles and trends, an understanding of branding and visual identity and a passion for beautiful design. The Art Director determines the visual style of a variety of projects, including brand videos and TV commercials, web design, content creation, branding, presentation design, 360º campaign concepts, art direction of still photography, packaging and presentation design.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH:
- UPBrand is a nurturing environment with a proven, award-winning team of creators and strategists. Generally, art directors are trained and developed to become senior art directors and creative directors.
- UPBrand strives to build a meaningful culture and working environment that is conducive to innovation and productivity while providing healthy work/life integration for all.
- As part of the UPBrand team, you will feel heard and supported. You will be given the opportunity to practice your craft, learn from others, grow your skills and stretch your capabilities to meet the demands of the ever-changing world of creative, marketing, technology, branding and communications.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of design basics such as composition, page layout & grid systems
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, XD and InDesign
- Basic photo manipulation and compositing in Photoshop
- Excellent type design and typesetting skills
- Understanding of color in design and color systems
- An interest in directing photographers, illustrators, videographers, directors, and interactive developers
- Some knowledge of print design and production
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Curiosity and a desire to learn
- Bachelor’s degree in a visual design field
- 1-5 years experience in a creative agency or in-house team
Portfolio and references are required. Currently not looking for remote employees at this time. Thank you!